I believe in freedom, especially freedom in fashion. Whether you are celebrating the 4th of July at a backyard barbecue or spending your holiday by the water, you don’t have to dress like the American flag to show your patriotic spirit, unless you want to, of course. Exercise your right to fashion freedom by weaving these American-themed ensemble to display your patriotic pride. Check out the looks for a perfect long weekend!
Red: this show-stopping color tells the world that wherever you’re headed, your independence is here to stay!
Photos: SheIn, Revolve, Storets, Nordstrom, Ugg, Coach Top left: Crescent Moon Romper, White Off The Shoulder Colored Pompom Trim Blouse, In Trouble Off-the-shoulder Top, Lorianna, Coach Swagger 21 carryall-in croc embossed leather, Open Weave Floppy Straw Hat
Blue says your confident, cool, and is a must-have for 4th of July!
Photos: Madewell, SheIn, Net-A-Porter, Rebecca Minkoff, Free People, Sole Society Top left: Dodo Bar Or Dress, Embroidered Sun Ray Shirtdress, Navy Off The Shoulder Tie-waist Ruffle Hem Maxi Dress, Cady Platform Sandal, Tulum Wrap Espadrille, NOELLE printed pouch
How do you show off your American pride? Tell me in the comments!
Being a huge Disney fan I knew I had to share this with you.
Disney x Coach, a limited edition collection featuring Mickey Mouse designs on Coach‘s leather goods and ready-to-wear fashions.
The collection is to celebrate Coach‘s 75th anniversary and is the first in a series of projects celebrating American pop culture.
Aside from the graphic tees and mouse bags, there’s also a studded biker jacket and sneakers featuring Coach‘s signature hangtag that are at the top of my wish lists.
What an amazing collaboration this is!
What do you think? Tell me in the comments!
What did you have for dinner last night? It’s been a minute since I made a home cooked meal. So when time allowed, I decided to cook. It’s been a month since I had a Hello Fresh delivery. When I saw that steak was on the menu, I knew I couldn’t miss out. Besides, my partner would never forgive me if he knew I passed on steak! What can I say, the man loves his steak. The sautéed cherry tomatoes mixed with rosemary and extra virgin olive oil made up for the meadow arugula. This dish was a match made in heaven! I can definitely see myself making this meal again. Great job, Hello Fresh! Still reading? Well, if this sounds like something you would be interested in making, scroll down for the recipe!
- Serving: 2 people
- Total (prep + cooking): 40 min
- Tools: Baking sheet, Small bowl, Cast Iron
- Ingredients: 12 oz. Sirloin Steak, 4 oz Arugula, 4 oz Grape Tomatoes (halve), 2 cloves Garlic (smash), 12 oz Sweet Potato (cut into wedges), 1/4 oz Rosemary (strip the rosemary off the steam and roughly chop the leaves), 2 tablespoon Balsamic Vinegar, 1⁄2 teaspoon Dried Oregano, 2 tablespoon + 2 teaspoon Extra Virgin Olive Oil, 1 tablespoon Butter, Salt, Pepper
- Instructions: Wash and dry all produce. Preheat the oven to 450 degrees. Toss the sweet potato wedges on a baking sheet with the smashed garlic, rosemary, 2 teaspoon olive oil, and a pinch of salt and pepper. Place in the oven for about 20 minutes, flipping halfway through cooking, until golden brown. In a small bowl, whisk together the balsamic vinegar, 2 Tablespoons olive oil, and 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano. Season with salt and pepper. Set aside. Heat 1 tablespoon of butter in a cast iron over medium-high heat. Season the steak on all sides with salt and pepper. Add the steak to the skillet and cook for 2-3 minutes per side, until browned. Transfer the steak to the baking sheet in the oven to finish cooking for 5-7 minutes, or until cooked to desired doneness. When the steak is done, remove from oven to rest for 5 minutes. Meanwhile, add the vinaigrette and the tomatoes to the same skillet you used for the steak. Let them cook slightly with the residual heat from the skillet. Once the steak tagliata has rested, slice it thinly against the grain. Mound the arugula on a plate and top it with the sliced steak. Serve the rosemary sweet potato wedges to the side and drizzle with the warm tomatoes and vinaigrette!
Recipe altered from Hello Fresh
Tell me your thoughts in the comment!
A delicious and easy crock pot chili recipe, perfect for those nights when you want dinner ready as soon as you get home!
My crock pot has got some major use lately and I’m definitely not complaining. Let’s just hope that my crock pot has a lot of life in it because I foresee a lot of chili over the next few months. Another thing I love about chili recipes is how versatile they can be. Not a fan of kidney beans? Swap them out for pinto beans instead! Don’t like ground beef? Switch it out with ground turkey instead. Top with a little cheddar cheese and serve with a pile of nachos. Or if your like my partner, serve it with homemade quesadilla. Now that’s what I call the perfect chili dinner!
Prep time: 45 mins
Cook time: 6 to 8 hrs. in the slow-cooker
Tools: Crock pot, Large skillet, Wooden spoon
3 tablespoons vegetable oil
2 medium yellow onions, medium diced
1 medium red bell pepper, medium diced
6 medium garlic cloves, finely chopped
1/4 cup chili powder
1 tablespoon cumin
2 pounds lean ground beef
1 (28 oz.) can diced tomatoes
1 (15 oz.) can organic pinto beans, drained and rinsed
1/4 cup jalapeños, coarsely chopped
For serving (optional):
Shredded cheddar cheese
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium high heat until shimmering. Add the onions, red bell pepper, season with salt, stirring occasionally, and cook until softened, about 8 mins.
- Add the garlic, chili powder, and cumin, stir to coat the vegetables, and cook until fragrant, about 1 min. Add the ground beef and salt as needed and cook, breaking the meat into small pieces with a wooden spoon, until the beef is no longer pink, about 7 mins.
- Transfer the mixture to the crock pot, add the diced tomatoes and their juices, tomato sauce, and pinto beans, and stir to combine. Cover and cook until the chili thickens and the flavors meld, about 8 hours on low or 6 hours on high.
- Stir in the jalapeños. Taste and season with salt as needed, and serve with the cheddar cheese, nachos, and quesadilla.
What are your favorite ways to eat chili? Tell me in the comments!
Zara has done an amazing job delivering fashion at an affordable price. The quality factor is quite impressive and not to be underestimated. The shoes, jacket, and accessories are my favorite! Here are my favorites from Zara this week:
Embossed Cross Body Bag $69.90
Lace-Up Flat Sandals $49.90
Leather Wrap Wedges $119
Lace Crop Top $39.90
Off-The-Shoulder Top $49.90
Fringed Blonde Lace Top $35.90
Printed Off-The-Shoulder Crop Top $39.90
Long Sleeve Jumpsuit $99.90
Polka Dot Halter Neck Dress $49.90
Long Printed Dress $99.90
Long Jacquard Blazer $99.90
What do you think? Is Zara your favorite brand? Tell me in the comments!
PREP TIME: 15 min
COOKING TIME: 35 min
TOOLS: Large pot, Big Bowl, Colander
INGREDIENTS: 2 skinless, boneless chicken breasts; 12 oz potatoes, 1/2 teaspoon turmeric, 1 teaspoon ground cumin, 1 lemon, 1/4 oz fresh cilantro, 2 red bell pepper, 2 thumbs ginger, olive oil
INSTRUCTIONS: Preheat the oven to 400°F. Place a large pot of salted water on the stove to boil. Peel and chop the potatoes into 1-inch cubes. Cook in the boiling water for 6 minutes, then drain well and let air dry. Add 1⁄2 teaspoon turmeric and 1 teaspoon cumin to a bowl, then grate in the lemon zest. Pick, roughly chop and add the cilantro leaves. Core, seed, and remove the white ribs from half the bell pepper, then cut it into thin strips. Peel and cut the ginger into matchstick, then add both to the bowl. Cut 3 slices of lemon and set aside. Squeeze the juice from the rest of the lemon into the bowl. Shake the potatoes up in the colander and add them to the bowl, along with the chicken. Drizzle with oil and season with sea salt and black pepper, then toss everything around to coat. Remove the chicken from the bowl, then tip the potatoes into a baking dish and spread out into a single layer. Top with the lemon slices, then drape over the chicken. Drizzle with oil, then cook in the middle of the oven for 35 minutes, or until golden and cooked through.
THE VERDICT: Add rice and call it a meal! This dish was very flavorful and quite easy to make, especially when I don’t feel like cooking.
Food Recipe altered from Hell Fresh
Subscription services have been a growing trend in the fashion and lifestyle industry over the last several years. So it’s no surprise when the German multinational corporation, Adidas is getting into the subscription box business. Avenue A, a quarterly box that delivers select workout clothes, shoes, and accessories to your doorstep for $150 a box (that’s $600 a year). The first Avenue A shipment features one of Adidas newest offerings for women on the move: the PureBoost X running shoe that hit store shelves last week and retails for $120. Don’t like what your sent? Adidas promises to remedy! Whether through a refund or an exchange, it isn’t exactly clear. With few activewear subscription box, Adidas is well positioned to take a big piece of the untapped market with Avenue A. I can easily see a men’s box on the way soon, too!
Would you pay $150 a quarter for a mystery box of Adidas gear? Tell me in the comments!
A waist-length jacket with a zip front, elastic waistband, and cuffed sleeves. Also, called the Bomber Jacket. A trend we couldn’t get enough of in 2015 and 2016 looks all set to stay the same. This jacket, once known as a flight jacket was worn by military pilots and crew has slowly but surely crawled into our lives. No longer belonging only to pilots, the bomber jacket might actually be our new staple, that we so desperately run to when leather becomes too boring. Team it with anything from sweat pants to ankle boots, the bomber jacket has become a true essential. Keep scrolling to see some of my favorite bomber jackets in stores for both women and men!
Quilted Bomber Jacket $69.90
Satin Stretch Bomber Jacket $49.90
Floral Print Bomber Jacket $49.90
Satin Embroidered Bomber Jacket $159
Reversible Bomber Jacket $99
Resin Bomber Jacket $89.90
Camouflage Bomber Jacket $89.90
Peccary Bomber Jacket $199
Bomber Jacket $79.90
Suede Bomber Jacket $215
Must Have or Not? Tell me in the comments!
A huge thank you to the lovely Rian Harrington at thisisforreel, for nominating me for the Liebster Blog Award!
What is a Liebster Blog Award?
It is an online award given to other bloggers within the community. It is an awesome way to find new blogs and to also connect with others.
Here are the rules:
- Ask nominees to answer 11 questions
- Nominate 5 other blogs
- Share 11 random facts
- Answer 11 questions
- Thank the blogger that nominated you and link their site
Here are the 11 questions from Rian:
- What would your perfect Sunday look like? The perfect Sunday would be a day free of all troubles. It can also be a day full of peace, joy, love and happiness.
- Why did you decide to start blogging? I mainly decided to blog because I crave fashion. I love displaying that through my main platform (Instagram), but I also wanted a place where I could voice my thoughts and opinion on various products. And because blogs are free for the audience and open to the public, on many levels, it is an act of giving. It is a selfless act of service to invest my time, energy, and worldview into a piece of writing and then offer it free to anybody who wants to read it. Others will find inspiration in my writing and that’s a wonderful feeling.
- What was one of the most defining moments of your childhood? I was about seven or eight years old when my uncle threw me into a pool so I can learn how to swim. It was terrifying and to this day I freak in water.
- What is your favorite color? Although I’ve always been a pink, my color choices can vary day-to-day depending on my mood.
- What would be your preferred pizza topping? Plain and simple
- Where is your perfect vacation destination? Anywhere warm as long as I’m accompanied by the people I love
- What would you like to achieve in the next 5 years? Do what I love so I never have to work a day in my life, learn to drive and buy a house.
- What is your favorite movie? This is a hard one as I have a few but The Pursuit of Happyness is one of those movies that I could watch a million times. It always gives me a sense of hope that things will always work out no matter how bad they get. And of course, A Single Man – I have so many feelings about this film. Besides how visually stunning it is it’s just so utterly devastating. Colin Firth has done plenty of films that are emotional, but this was just so raw.
- What is your favorite book? I’m a huge fan of Nicholas Spark, Stephen King, J. K. Rowling, and George R. R. Martin to name a few. My list of favorite books changes daily, if not hourly, but a few that I turn to over and over again. I loved Eat, Pray, Love! The book brought up some good points about life, love and the pursuit of something meaningful. While it won’t give you the answers about what is life about and how do you get over a bad break-up, it does give you hope that if you stay true to your journey, you will end up in a better place than when you started.
- How do you feel about going to the beach? I love a good tan!
- What is your favorite inspirational quote? It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat. – Theodore Roosevelt — The greatest political speech I have ever read in my life. The truisms throughout each paragraph describe the sorry state of our current political leaders, whom he describes in painfully exact detail. This is the kind of president we need now, more than ever.
11 Random Facts About Me:
- I am shy, but once I get to know someone it is hard to get me to shut up
- I’m addicted to Starbucks coffee
- I cannot stand when people spit
- I organize my clothes by color
- I speak four languages: English, Mandarin, Taiwanese, and Cantonese
- My favorite fruit is Cherry
- I don’t like to talk on the phone
- I love Spring, when the world turns green
- My favorite number is 3 since childhood
- I don’t like people who type lyk dis
- Pet peeve: Mouth noises/chewing with mouth open
Here are the 5 lovely people I nominate:
- Ivana Salerno The Smile Behind Closed Doors
- Cath Fahey Nutri-Fam
- Ty Austin The Love Channel With Ty Swint
- Vik Vek I.Am.Vagabond
- Rawan Manjal Rawan, Myself, and I
Here are 11 questions for you to answer:
- What inspired you to create a blog?
- How did you come up with the name of your blog?
- Name your favorite designer
- If you could have any super power in the world, what would it be?
- What is your most prized possession?
- Name your ideal comfort meal
- What is one thing you can’t live without?
- What is your preferred style of travel and why
- What is your favorite hobby? (besides blogging)
- What is something about you that people might consider odd or quirky?
- What three words best describe you best?
Congratulations bloggers on your nominations! Please link your post in the comments so I can learn more about you! Now, go spread the love and nominate five new bloggers!
Have you been awarded the Liebster Award before? Share your post in the comments so I can read your answers and meet a great new blogger!